“Ayrshire Food from Ayrshire Folk “ is the first community led initiative of its kind in Scotland. It is an ambitious venture which will require a wide range of suppliers, skills and talents along with a structured framework of collaborative and partnership work to succeed.
In Ayrshire we are blessed with a tremendous combination of fertile land producing a diverse range of food products, quality livestock and most importantly a tradition of livestock and crop husbandry that is unsurpassed.
Crossroads Community Hub can bring huge opportunities all round for farmers, growers and most importantly the consumer. It can:
- Provide opportunities to introduce the public to our local produce
- Develop opportunities for interaction between consumers and producers
- Shorten the chain from farm to fork
- Give an outlet for the diverse range of skills that lies within our community
- Ensure consumers get value for money produce and producers get well paid for the efforts they put into food production
- Ensure the products that farmers are proud to produce reach the customer in first class condition
- Inform our customers about how their food is produced
- Bring pride and vibrancy back to our local community
- Showcase all that is good about life in rural Ayrshire
Ayrshire also boasts a long tradition of cookery and home baking skills with traditional recipes handed down through the generations. It was traditionally famed for its fine Ayrshire white work as well as for lace and textiles.
Have you ever thought about doing any of these things but would like some help and support to get up and running:
- Supplying farm produce direct to the customer?
- Selling your homemade jams and chutneys perhaps made from a traditional family recipe?
- Regenerating traditional skills and crafts?
If the answer to any of these questions is Yes and you’d like to meet like-minded people then add your email address below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]